The purpose of this section is to execute the following:
- Power the printer on.
- Installing new material cartridge.
- Removing material cartridges.
- Procedure to empty waste bag.
- Procedure for installing and removing print platform.
- Perform a successful Demo build.
Completion of this process will familiarize you with all of the “basic” printer operations needed to build parts on the ProJet® MJP 2500W / IC and provides a functional “run through” for a new installation. It is strongly recommended that you complete Section 5 before moving on to larger more sophisticated builds.
POWER THE PRINTER
- If the printer is not already on, turn printer on by flipping the power switch on the back of the printer. UI may take up to a minute or so to come on. After about a minute the 3D Systems logo should appear and then the Status Screen will appear.
- If printer has been shut down and is starting from a cold state, wait 2 hours for printer to warm up before starting a build job. UI display will show Warming on the Status screen under Printer State (1).
NOTE: Build files can be submitted but will not start printing until printer is warm and ready.
Installing New Material Cartridge
NOTE: Cartridges cannot be installed into a cold printer. The printer must be warm before drawer will open and cartridges can be installed.
To place a material cartridge into the MDM, perform the following steps:
- Obtain a new material cartridge ensuring that it is the same material as currently installed in the MDM.
- If drawer is not already open, push to unlock drawer.
- Pull open the MDM drawer.
NOTE: The steps to install a support cartridge are the same as installing a part cartridge.
NOTE: To install cartridges into the MDM drawer properly ensure that the small cap be installed away from the user.
NOTE: It is important to verify the cartridges have been audibly clicked into place, have material in them, and the cartridge caps properly ventilated; otherwise the printer may not be able to pull material from the bottles, potentially resulting in the following fault codes:
- Place cartridge in slot and push down until you hear it click in place.
- Vent each cartridge by loosening the material cap (A) by a 1/2 turn counterclockwise.
- Close the MDM drawer (B), by pushing in the dimple at the top until it’s latched securely.
- Check the material level under the Materials tab (C) on the UI to ensure cartridge is seated properly into MDM and ready to print.
REMOVING MATERIAL CARTRIDGES
When a material cartridge is empty and needs to be replaced, or if a partially filled container needs to be replaced with a full container, perform the following procedure.
NOTE: It is important to verify the type of material currently in the MDM before proceeding with these steps.
NOTE: Cartridges cannot be removed from a cold printer. The printer must be warm before drawer will open and cartridges can be removed.
The MDM drawer (A) is a push/push mechanism. Push to open drawer, push to lock drawer.
- Open the MDM drawer by pushing in at the recessed dimple.
- Pull the MDM drawer open.
- Turn the material cap (B) a 1/2 turn to clockwise to tighten the vent cap.
- Press the release button (C) on the front. You will hear the cartridge release. Pull the cartridge out of the slot.
- Dispose of the empty cartridge according to local regulations.
- Wearing nitrile gloves and either protective sleeves or a lab coat to protect arms, use a disposable paper towel and wipe all material from the container seal assembly, if necessary you can use some isopropyl alcohol on the paper towel to wipe up the excess material.
NOTE: It is important to always wear nitrile gloves and either protective sleeves or a labcoat to protect arms when coming in contact with materials to avoid getting materials on skin. Contact with skin may cause an allergic reaction.
WASTE BAG REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
NOTE: Even though the waste bag may not appear full when the user is notified to change it, it is highly recommended to replace the waste bag when prompted to avoid unnecessary overflow and mess. When waste bag has been changed ensure you confirm the level has been reset to zero.
- Verify that the printer is in READY.
- Select Materials tab.
|ProJet® MJP 2500W||ProJet® MJP 2500 IC|
- Select next to the Waste Bag status bar.
- Wearing protective Nitrile gloves, open the MDM drawer.
- Remove the waste bag and dispose of bag according to local regulations.
- Inspect the waste bin for any remaining waste. If necessary, wipe out any waste that exists with a lint free cloth and isopropyl alcohol.
|NOTE: If the waste bag is stuck to the liner when you attempt to remove it, replace the entire liner and bag to prevent the bag from tearing and causing material to leak into the receptacle. Waste bags can be ordered using part number 310248-00. With each order you will receive 50 bags.|
- Confirm on the printer UI when you have completed replacing the waste bag.
The Waste Bag routine can also be accessed from the Operator Maintenance window:
- Unfold cardboard insert.
- Carefully place insert inside of plastic waste bag. Do not push down insert fully to the bottom of bag as this may cause the waste bag to tear.
Note: Do not push down insert fully to bottom of bag as this may cause waste bag to tear.
- Check to make sure the waste bag counter has been reset to 0%.
- Close MDM
Print Platform Removal and Installation
- Ensure the printer is turned on and the Printer State is in Ready or Standby mode.
|ProJet® MJP 2500W||ProJet® MJP 2500 IC|
- Select the Access Platform button next to the light bulb icon on the printer touch screen.
NOTE: The Access Platform will not be available to select if the printer is not ready for the user to access the print platform.
- The printer will move into position in order to allow access to the print platform. When prompted, open the door to access the print platform.
- Lift to remove the platform.
- Install clean print platform. Close top door. If it is placed correctly the platform will automatically lower and clamp the print platform in place.
- A message will display (see below) asking user to confirm that the platform is clean, verify the platform is clean.
NOTE: Always be sure you are installing a room temperature print platform that is clean on both sides to avoid any printing issues. Also, confirm that the print platform is free from damage due to any drops or dings. Protruding metal on the platform may come in contact with the printhead and cause severe damage.
To download a demo print, click Connector RCL (zip) and open 3DSprint software. Refer to http://infocenter.3dsystems.com/projetmjp2500/user-guide/steps-printing-your-first-print