Solvents other than VisiJet Support Wax Remover (VSWR) can be used for post processing your 2500 IC printed patterns. Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) is one of the most effective solvents for the removal of M2 IC SUW material—it’s inexpensive, readily available, but highly flammable. If IPA is not available, or undesired for use, you can also use the following solvents:
- Polypropylene Glycol (PPG).
- Polyethylene Glycol (PEG).
- Tripropylene Glycol Methyl Ether (TPM).
Considerations when using alternative solvents:
- Parts will float. Use mesh plastic material to hold your parts firmly to your post processing basket.
- Parts will have oil residue. Rinse thoroughly with a warm soapy water. Follow with a clean warm water rinse.
- The time it takes to remove the support material will increase.