In this manual you will find the necessary safety precautions, hardware setup, and settings for the EasyClean Post Processing System. For detailed instructions on how to operate the EasyClean System and post process a part please read the Post Processing Guide located here: http://dddtechpubs-staging.3dsystems.com/mjplibrary/mjp-easyclean-hardwa...
Important Safety Information
The MJP EasyClean Bulk and Fine Wax Removal System is part of 3D Systems’ Multi-Jet-Printing (MJP) product line. Below are the standard symbols you will see throughout the MJP EasyClean User/Post Processing Guide.
ELECTRICAL SHOCK HAZARD: High voltage electricity is accessible in the vicinity of this sign or behind the access panel. High voltage can cause severe burns or death, as well as fires. Access panels are for service only and should be opened only by certified service personnel or trained maintenance personnel.
HOT SURFACE HAZARD: A hot surface is accessible in the vicinity of this sign or behind the access panel. Avoid contact. Hot surfaces can cause burn injury or fire. Allow surface to cool before touching. Access panels are for service only and should be opened only by certified service personnel or trained maintenance personnel.
HARMFUL IRRITANT WARNING: Indicates that skin or eye irritation could result while exposed to a chemical composition.
WARNING: Indicates the possibility of injury or death to personnel.
CAUTION: INDICATES THE POSSIBILITY OF INJURY TO USER DUE TO EXPOSURE TO STEAM.
WEAR GLOVES: Wear the appropriate gloves when required. For example, when touching surfaces that may contain or have been exposed to materials, wear nitrile gloves. Heat gloves are necessary when touching surfaces that may be hot to ensure burns don’t occur.
NOTE: A note signifies important information but not information of a critical content.
Read all instructions.
Connect the power cord to a properly grounded electrical outlet that is near the product and easily accessible.
Do not place or use this product near water or wet locations.
Use only water in the unit reservoirs.
Do not melt wax directly into the water reservoir.
Do not put cleaning fluids (EZ-Rinse C, Mineral Oil, etc.) in the steam unit water reservoir.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
- To protect against electrical shock do not immerse cord, plugs, or appliance in water or other liquids.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts.
- Do not operate appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions or has been damaged in any manner. Return appliance to the nearest authorized service facility for examination, repair, or adjustment.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
- Do not place on or near a hot gas or electrical burner or in a heated oven.
- Extreme caution must be exercised when moving the appliance containing hot liquids.
- Longer, detachable power supply cords or extension cords are available and may be used if care is exercised in their use.
- The marked electrical rating of the cord set or extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance.
- The cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled or tripped over unintentionally.
- Always use the system in a well-ventilated area.
- Keep away from flames, sparks, or other source of ignition.
- Leave clearance around and above the steam generating units to prevent condensation from forming on horizontal or vertical surfaces.
- To disconnect product from electrical power, pull the power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Always wear gloves when touching hot surfaces.
- EasyClean System should not be immersed in water.
- Do not fill the water reservoir above the maximum level. If the reservoir of the unit is over-filled, boiling water may be ejected which can scald.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons with reduced physical, sensor or mental capabilities, or the lack of experience or knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- When removing the lids from the steamer unit, tilt lid away from you to prevent potential thermal burn.
- The power cable should reach from the base of the unit, to the power outlet without causing a significant strain to the power connection.
- Do not let the cable run across an open space e.g. between a low socket and a table.
- If the power cable is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, an authorized service representative or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
Other Safety Considerations
- To remove the lids, lift and tilt the lids away from you.
- Do not use a microwave or any cooking/heated surfaces to remove material from parts.
- Do not leave the warmer unit in a damp or corrosive environment.
- Do not switch the unit on unless it contains enough water to cover the bottom of reservoir.
- Always ensure the water does not fall below the minimum level. The water level warning light will illuminate when more water is needed.
- Check that the voltage on the rating plate of your unit corresponds with your electricity supply.
WARNING: IF THE MAINS CABLE IS SEVERED FROM THE PLUG, IT MUST BE REPLACED, AS A PLUG WITH BARE FLEXIBLE CABLE IS HAZARDOUS IF ENGAGED INTO A LIVE ELECTRICAL SOCKET. CONTACT AN AUTHORIZED SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE TO HAVE THE CABLE REPLACED.
- A dedicated electrical circuit is required to run 2 MJP EasyClean System warmers at one time. Two 120VAC warmer units require a dedicated 20 amp circuit. Please referrer to the amperage rating plate on your warmer units to ensure that the two units, at full operational amperage rating, will not exceed the wall plug circuit breaker rating for your location.