Figure 4® RIGID WHITE is an opaque rigid white production-grade plastic for same-day parts. This biocompatible-capable materialprovides a smooth surface finish, long-term environmental stability, and long-lasting, clean white color.
- Mix material gently in resin tray before each print.
- Each morning before printing, roll the bottle for 20-minutes.
- General best practices apply, as seen in the Figure 4 Print Material Quick Reference.
- Place parts a minimum of 8mm apart to improve material flow and adhesion
- If adhesion issues occur, raise the Base Layer Curing Time to 100sec. It may be necessary to also make Base Truss Infill Type to 'Solid' rather than 'Connected Solid'.
- If printing flat surfaces reduce the Interval Distance to 3-5mm to improve pillowing effect. Adding some supports will also improve part.
- When printing thick parts or very dense platforms, use Premium Plus for best results. Note - mode will be ~2x slower but can provide very good part quality.
General Round Tip Supports
- Best for general use for small parts up to large and large cover parts
- When printing small fine parts in this material, the user may need to modify the Pillar Tip Ratio
- Flat surfaces may need extra supports to prevent delamination.
Post Processing Tips
- General Best Practices apply.
- If parts have yellow after initial post cure part may need to be rotated and cured another 30 min.
- If part are on platform it is best to try and hang parts upside down to post cure.
- After sanding, if yellow discoloration occurs, cure in LC-3D for 30min to turn white