Heavily textured parts are not the best for industrial stacked printing, as textures create larger file sizes. Large file sizes multiply heavily, especially when stacking is an option. Support generation, support region tools and print files will take a while to generate. If stacking is still desired, use these guidelines:
- Generate struts for cross-bracing, if necessary.
- Go to Smart Support > Modify > Region.
- Click Texture > Auto Detect.
- Click the [-] minus button in the modification mode and select the green space on the texture.
- Supports will not be placed in red regions, only green regions.
- Click Update Supports.
- Another method to stack parts with textured surfaces can be found in the advanced stacking techniques section.