Figure 4™ HI TEMP 300-AMB is an industry-leading, ultra-high-temperature-resistant (HDT > 300°C), rigid plastic suitable for the harshest environments
For Premium Mold Build Style
- Orient parts on angle for best results.
- Make mating parts angles the same for each mold part for best matching parts
- When coring out mold halves, use a honeycomb hatch/rubbing pattern with no sharp corners.
- Insure no debris is in material tray before print to avoid causing part defects which could lead to cracks. Filter material with paint filter can help.
- Insure no debris is on print plate before print.
- When making large inserts for molds
- Modify model to add 500um to front and back face and mill off to ensure flat
- For larger molds core out mold half and fill with aluminum epoxy for added cooling.
- Mill off to be flat.
- When coring out, minimize ribs to maximize amount of aluminum epoxy to contact reverse side of the mold surface
- Print times can be +12 hr builds
- General best practices apply, as seen in the Figure 4 Print Material Quick Reference.
- Manual clean only - do not use sonication.
Fine Flat Tip
Best for general use for fine small parts up to large and large cover parts
General Flat Tip
Best for large heavy duty parts needing more robust tips. Check coverage before printing.
General Round Tip
Best for when reliability is a must such as tensile bars, and accuracy blocks
General Round Tip Mold
Best to use for Premium Mold build style for reliability