Cleaning MDM Holders
When changing material bottles during printing, molten material may be present in the MDM holder after the bottle is removed. If a large pool of material is present (latch is submerged and walls of MDM are reached), do not place a clean material bottle into holder. The holder will require cleaning before inserting a new bottle.
|WARNING: THE MDM HOLDER AND MATERIAL MAY BE HOT; AVOID TOUCHING THE SIDES OF THE HOLDER DURING THE CLEANING PROCESS. WEAR PROTECTIVE HEAT RESISTANT GLOVES, PROTECTIVE SLEEVES AND GOGGLES. DISPOSE OF THE MATERIAL ACCORDING TO ALL LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL REGULATORY GUIDELINES.|
- Make certain the 3D printer system is not building and press the pause key.
- Insert a lint free cloth to absorb the material in the MDM holder.
- Using a long tool, such as tongs, remove the saturated cloth from the holder and place in a waste bag. Continue to clean the holder until all material is removed.
- After the holder is clean, ensure there is no debris or lint left inside of holder.
- Dispose of waste material and all used clothes according to your local codes.