If problems occur with the 3D printer system, error messages appear on the touchscreen. Refer to the appropriate troubleshooting table for assistance. There may be times when an unrecoverable error message will appear and will require a call to your Certified 3D Systems Service Provider.
Prior to contacting Certified 3D Systems Service Provider, make certain you have the following information:
- The serial number of the 3D printer system. The serial number is located on the product label on the center-rear panel.
- A brief description of the problem, including exact error message displayed on the touchscreen.
- The conditions under which the problem occurred (for example, while submitting a job, during the beginning or end of the build, after power off recovery, etc.)
|RT_ERROR: No machine Identification (ID)||No network connection.||Ensure you have a valid network connection. Cycle power to the 3D printer system. If error message occurs again, contact your Certified 3D Systems Service Provider|
|evm6x_hpi_open()||A communication error occurred.||Cycle power to the 3D printer system. If this does not restore communication, contact your Certified 3D Systems Service Provider.|
|ProJet [X.X] month dd yyyy
|A communication error occurred.||Cycle power to the 3D printer system. If this does not restore communication, contact your Certified 3D Systems Service Provider.|
HEAD MAINTENANCE ERRORS
|HMS ERROR Recovery||An error occurred during printhead maintenance (cleaning the printhead before beginning a build).||Cycle power to the 3D printer system. If error message occurs again, contact your Certified 3D Systems Service Provider.|
MATERIAL FEED AND WASTE SYSTEM ERRORS
A just loaded cartridge did not engage correctly during the material feed cycle or the printhead sensors did not detect the required material level.
|RT_ERROR: material feed 1 (or 2) can’t fill head||A just loaded bottle did not engage correctly during the material feed cycle or the printhead sensors did not detect the required material level.||Cycle power to the 3D printer system. If error message occurs again, contact your Certified 3D Systems Service Provider.|
|RT_ERROR:******* Out of Range
RT_ERROR: Adapter Temp Counts=2291.temp=75.5362 Out of Range
|The temperature of a heater exceeded the set range of temperatures. The system issues a Real Time (RT)error, shuts off all heaters and stops the build.
The touchscreen will display “Press Yes to Restart”.
|Press “Yes” to restart.
If the error message occurs again, do not restart. Contact your Certified 3D Systems Service Provider.
MATERIAL QUALITY GUARANTEE ERRORS
|Support (or build) material bottles not detected||3D printer system is out of material bottles, a bottle mis-fed, or the material identification system is faulty.||The build will abort if it needs to use the questionable bottle to finish the build.
|Support (or build) material bottle not melted||A cold bottle was added to the material delivery system and it did not have enough time to melt before the 3D printer system requested material.||The build will abort if it needs to use the questionable bottle to finish the build.
|Support (or build) material bottle expired||The material identification system detected expired material.||Follow the discard instructions posted to the touch screen.|
|Support (or build) material bottle incorrect type||A material bottle was inserted into the wrong feed slot||The build will abort if it needs to use the questionable bottle to finish the build.
MATERIAL WASTE ERRORS
|RT_ERROR: drain tank not responding||Fault detected in control circuitry.||Cycle power to the 3D printer system. If error message occurs again, contact your Certified 3D Systems Service Provider.|
|RT_ERROR: Drain tank Position error||Fault detected in control circuitry.|
|RT_ERROR: Drain tank timeout error||Fault detected in control circuitry.|
|RT_ERROR: can’t empty drain tank||Sensor or valve malfunctioned|
MOTION SYSTEM ERRORS
|X-Following ERROR||An attempt to open the build chamber door was made, or position sensor errors occurred.||Ensure the build chamber door is secured, then cycle power to the 3D printer system. If error message occurs again, contact your Certified 3D Systems Service Provider.|
|Negative Firing Delay||Variations in scanning axis velocity.|
|Pause Timeout ERROR||Position sensor contamination|
UV SUBSYSTEM ERRORS
|RT_ERROR: UV Lamp Power Too Low||UV sensor detected a possible fault.||
CAUTION: To prevent skin exposure to uncured part material, do not handle parts in a build without wearing gloves and full protective sleeves if a UV lamp problem occurred during the build.
VACUUM REGULATOR ERRORS
|RT_ERROR: Printhead Vacuum Low||Indicates a fault within the vacuum system.|
|RT_ERROR: Printhead Vacuum High||Indicates a fault within the vacuum system|
If you are present during a power outage, or discover the main power OFF, complete the following steps:
- Switch power OFF on 3D printer system’s rear panel so it does not automatically start when power is restored. This prevents 3D printer system damage due to power flickers and surges.
- When power is restored and stable, switch 3D printer system power ON located on the rear panel.
If power outage occurs and is restored before anyone can take action, the 3D printer system will recover as follows:
- The 3D printer system advances through warming stages until reaching the required build temperatures.
- If 3D printer system was not building when power outage occurred, the message line on the touchscreen will display Not Building and bottom line will display Online/Menu?
- The 3D printer system is ready to accept a print job.
If 3D printer system was building when the power outage occurred:
- The touchscreen will display Power Off Recovery.
- After power is restored and 3D printer system has reached build temperature. This safety feature prevents accessing incomplete build until all build conditions are satisfied.
- Once occurred, the job will end, the touchscreen will display Done Remove Build and the print platform will move forward, and can be removed and repeat print job if desired.
|NOTE: If the 3D printer system is in Power Off Recovery, the build chamber will not be able to open until 3D printer system completes recovery.|