The ProJet® MJP 2500W and ProJet® MJP 2500 IC printer goes into lower power modes when it has been idle for a period of time. After 120 minutes, the printer will enter Standby mode. After 9 hours, the printer will enter Conserve mode. The UI status will display as in Standby during this time. Sending a print job or interacting with the front panel will start warming up the printer. The printer can be placed in conserve mode by selecting "Standby" in the Tools > Printer Shutdown tabs.
|ProJet® MJP 2500W / IC||Standby||Conserve|
|Low power mode (idle state)||120 minutes||9 hours|
|Ready State (from low power mode)||8 minutes||20 minutes|
If you do not plan on operating the 3D printer system on a regular basis and want to shut it down for an extended period of time, follow these steps:
- Verify that the printer is not building.
- Select Tools (1) from the top tool bar.
Select Shutdown (2) on the Tools menu screen.
- Next, select Printer Shutdown.
- The next message that pops up is asking to confirm if you want to shutdown the printer. Select SHUT DOWN.
- The SHUTTING DOWN screen will appear next. This lets the user know that the printer is shutting down and not to take any action.
- A message will then come up that states it is now safe to turn the power switch off. Turn off the printer switch on the back of the printer.
NOTE: Unless the printer will be idle for an excessively long time (>60 days) it is not necessary to shut it down. Shutting down the printer will cause longer wait times for warming, because it is warming from a cold state.
NOTE: Whenever the printer is powered down, wait 60 seconds before toggling the power switch back on.