Inspect and Clean Planarizer Ducts
Material can get trapped and built-up in the ducts of the planarizer. It is important to periodically inspect and clean these areas. Follow these steps to inspect and clean the planarizer ducts.
NOTE: Always wear nitrile gloves when inspecting and cleaning planarizer ducts.
To inspect and clean planarizer ducts:
- Click on Tools > Diagnostics > Inspect Planarizer Ducts .
- Carriage will move out of the way and planarizer assembly will tilt, allowing access to the ducts (2).
- Open planarizer cover to access the planarizer cover to access the planarizer assembly and ducts.
- Open Top Door.
- Take a foam swab with some Isopropyl alcohol on it and wipe in and around the ducts, taking care to remove all excess material.
- Inspect planarizer housing and if necessary, wipe excess material off with foam swab (4).
- Using a foam swab, gently wipe out excess material from holes. For stubborn areas, use a bit of isopropyl alcohol on the foam swab before wiping.
- When all material has been cleaned up, close top door and carriage will return to Home position.
- Dispose foam swabs in proper disposal container.
- On the user interface, click on Tools>Operator Maintenance>Planarizer Ducts>click Yes, that they have been cleaned.