Solvents other than IPA can be used for post processing your 2500 IC printed patterns. IPA is one of the most effective solvents for the removal of M2 IC SUW material—it’s inexpensive, readily available, and fast. If IPA is not available, or undesired for use, you can replace IPA with the following solvents:
- Polypropylene Glycol (PPG).
- Polyethylene Glycol (PEG).
- Tripropylene Glycol Methyl Ether (TPM).
- Mixtures of the above solvents with IPA. Exact mixtures will depend on your time requirements and material availability. A starting point is a 50:50 by volume mixture with IPA.
Considerations when using alternative solvents:
- Parts will float. Use mesh plastic material to hold your parts firmly to your post processing basket.
- Parts will have oil residue. Rinse thoroughly with a warm soapy water. Follow with a clean warm water rinse.
- The time it takes to remove the support material will increase.