The UI will instruct the user when it is time to change the Waste Bag. Follow these steps to change the waste bag.
NOTE: Even though the waste bag may not appear full when the user is notified to change it, it is highly recommended to replace the waste bag when prompted to avoid unnecessary overflow and mess. When waste bag has been changed ensure you confirm the level has been reset to zero.
- Verify that the printer is in READY.
- Select Tools > Waste Bag (1).
- Select Replace Waste Bag.
- A message will appear prompting user to Open the MDM Drawer.
- Wearing protective nitrile gloves, open the MDM drawer.
- Remove waste bag.
NOTE: If the waste bag is stuck to the liner when you attempt to remove it, replace the entire liner and bag to prevent the bag from tearing and causing material to leak into the receptacle. Waste bags can be ordered using part number 311215-00. With each order you will receive 30 bags and 1 liner.
- Confirm on the printer UI when you have completed replacing the waste bag.
- Dispose of bag according to local regulations.
- Inspect waste bin for any remaining waste. If necessary, wipe out any waste that exists with a lint free cloth and isopropyl alcohol.
- Replace bag and liner if necessary, close MDM.
- Check to make sure the waste bag counter has been reset to 0%.
For ProJet® 2500W only
- Unfold cardboard insert.
- Carefully place insert inside of plastic waste bag. Do not push down insert fully to the bottom of bag as this may cause the waste bag to tear.
Note: Do not push down insert fully to bottom of bag as this may cause waste bag to tear.