Inspect and Clean Planarizer Ducts
Material can get trapped and accumulate in and under the ducts of the planarizer. It is recommended to clean thoroughly when prompted by the UI and inspect after each job as the ducts may need to be cleaned sooner.
For M2S materials, it is recommended to inspect and thoroughly clean the planarizer ducts after each job.
Note: When using M2S material the Planarizer Duct must be completely clean under/behind the lip to prevent material from accumulating and dripping.
Follow these steps to inspect and clean the planarizer ducts.
NOTE: Always wear nitrile gloves when inspecting and cleaning planarizer ducts.
To inspect and clean planarizer ducts:
- Click on Tools > Diagnostics > Inspect Planarizer Ducts .
- Carriage will move out of the way and planarizer assembly will tilt, allowing access to the ducts (2).
- Open planarizer cover to access the planaerizer cover to access the planarizer assembly and ducts.
- Open Top Door.
- Use a alcohol wipe to clean in and around the ducts. Use both swabs to clean and push out any partially cured material under the lip of duct. The smaller swab is used to reach under and behind the lip of the duct. Use the stick/plastic-side of swab to push and clean underneath and behind the lip of the ducts.
- Inspect planarizer housing and if necessary, wipe excess material off with foam swab (4).
- Using a foam swab, gently wipe out excess material from holes. For stubborn areas, use a bit of isopropyl alcohol on the foam swab before wiping.
- When all material has been cleaned up, close top door and carriage will return to Home position.
- Dispose foam swabs in proper disposal container.
- On the user interface, click on Tools>Operator Maintenance>Planarizer Ducts>click Yes, that they have been cleaned.