Inspect and Clean Planarizer Ducts
Material can get trapped and accumulate in and under the ducts of the planarizer. It is recommended to clean thoroughly when prompted by the UI and inspect after each job as the ducts may need to be cleaned sooner.
NOTE: When using M2S material the Planarizer Ducts must be completely clean under/behind the lip to prevent material from accumulating and dripping. It is recommended to inspect and thoroughly clean the planarizer ducts after each job.
NOTE: A brush is provided in each package of M2S-HT250 material to aid in thoroughly cleaning the planarizer ducts especially beneath and behind the drip edge. When using M2S-HT250 material, notices will appear on the printer's user interface when cleaning is required. Failure to clean the planarizer ducts can degrade the print quality and lead to other performance issues. Repairs required because of failure to clean are not covered by the system warranty or maintenance coverage and would be performed on a time and material basis.
NOTE: Always wear nitrile gloves when inspecting and cleaning planarizer ducts.
Follow these steps to inspect and clean planarizer ducts.
- Click on Tools > Diagnostics > Inspect Planarizer Ducts .
- Carriage will move out of the way and planarizer assembly will tilt, allowing access to the ducts (2).
- Open planarizer cover to access the planarizer assembly and ducts.
- Open Top Door.
- Use an alcohol wipe to clean in and around the ducts. Use both swabs to clean and push out any partially cured material under the lip of duct. The smaller swab is used to reach under and behind the lip of the duct. Use the stick/plastic-side of swab to push and clean underneath and behind the lip of the ducts.
5B. When the printer has M2S-HT250 material, the brush is used to thoroughly clean the ducts. It can be helpful to wet the brush with isopropyl alcohol to aid in cleaning. It is very important to be sure all residue is removed from the ducts and housing around the ducts.
- Inspect planarizer housing and if necessary, wipe excess material off with foam swab (4).
- Using a foam swab, gently wipe out excess material from holes. For stubborn areas, use a bit of isopropyl alcohol on the foam swab before wiping.
- When all material has been cleaned up, close top door and carriage will return to Home position.
- Be sure to keep the brush from the M2S-HT250 material as it will be needed after every job. Dispose foam swabs and alcohol wipes in proper disposal container.
- On the user interface, click on Tools>Operator Maintenance>Planarizer Ducts>click Yes, that they have been cleaned.