The User Interface is located on the top of the printer to the right. There are five main screens that contain sub menus that allow the user to perform a variety of functions to control the printer. These five screens and their menus are:
Status Tab (A)
The first tab on the UI. The following features are accessed under the Status Tab (A). Refer to 1-7 for information that appears on this screen. The left side tiles describe job status, the right side tiles describe printer status.
- Access Platform - Pressing this button provides access to the print platform.
- Start Print Job - Select to start the next print job in the print queue.
Printer State - This area identifies what state the printer is in at any given time. See below for the various Printer States.
Ready - Printer ready to accept print jobs.
Load Print Platform - Printer is ready for a clean print platform to be installed
Printing - Printer is printing a job
Preparing Print - Printer is setting up to begin printing
Busy - Printer is performing maintenance
Standby - Printer is in a low power state
Paused - Current print is paused and can be resumed by selecting the button
Complete - Current print is completed and the part can be removed from the printer
Remove Print Platform - Job is complete; access the print platform to remove the part
Aborting / Aborted - Current print is aborting / aborted
Warming - Printer is warming up to a Ready state
Cartridge Warming Up - Printer cartridge(s) warming to a Ready state. If both cartridges are warming up, a job can still be started from the UI, but will only start printing when the cartridges are melted and ready to be used.
Waiting - Chamber Cooling Down - Printer is waiting for the build chamber to cool down before continuing printing
Initializing - Printer is powering on and going through initialization
Shutting Down - Printer is shutting down and will notify the user when it is safe to power off the printer
Recovery - Printer has a fault and is attempting recovery
Diags - Printer is in Diags mode and may require a service call
Error - Printer is in an Error state and may require a service call
Top Door Open - Close the top door in order for maintenance or printing to occur.
Material Needed - the printer needs more material in order to print
- Part Material Installed - Displays material type installed and status (tile changes color if material needs attention). Click on the tile to bring up the Materials tab.
- Material Drawer - Displays the state of the Material Drawer - Closed, Locked, Open to help user quickly identify when it is accessible.
- Waste Bag / Maintenance Status - Displays the percentage and status of the waste bag and other maintenance items. Click on the tile to bring up the Operator Maintenance tab.
- Print Mode, Layer - This area displays the current layer and print mode information.
- Start Time, Estimated Time, Completion Time - Displays the print job printing time information.
Prints Tab (B)
Second Tab on the UI.
- Opens up the Print Queue to manage the print queue of jobs for the printer.
NOTE: Clicking on the Info button brings up print job information; reorder jobs in queue using the arrow buttons.
Materials Tab (C)
Displays information about the Part and Support materials loaded in the printer.
Material Status -Displays the level of material in both the Support and Part Cartridges.
Material Information - Clicking on the material level in any one of the four of the material status screens will bring up an information box about that particular cartridge of material. Information listed here is:
- Material - Type of material in cartridge
- Level - Percentage of material remaining in cartridge
- Weight - Weight of material in cartridge
- Status - Current information about materials
- Active – current cartridge in use for printing
- Inactive – cartridge available, but not currently in use
- Unusable – cartridge has a fault and cannot be used, contact service for assistance
- Missing – no cartridge installed
- Near Empty –cartridge is almost empty
- Empty –cartridge is empty
- Expired –cartridge is expired and needs to be replaced
- Warming Up – cartridge is warming up to print ready temperature
- Temperature – Status of material for printing
- Color/Type - Description of what material is, for example color, and characteristics
- Expiration date - Date material expires on
Note: When an expired cartridge is inserted, the printer will reject it. If a job is printing when the cartridge expires, it will to continue to complete the job before declaring the cartridge is no longer available for use.
- Batch - Date batch of material was made
- Order Number - The order number of the material
- More Information - Additional status on the cartridge
- Make Active - Sets cartridge as the current one in use for printing
Tools Tab (D)
The following information can be accessed under the Tools tab.
1. Printer Info - Displays printer and version information.
2. Customer Usage - Displays customer’s printer usage.
3. Material Usage – Displays the material and amount using in the printer
4. Diagnostics - Many diagnostic procedures can be run under the Diagnostics button. See Diagnostics Menus below for more information.
Diagnostics Menus - Selecting the Diagnostics button under the Tools Tab will bring up the Diagnostics screen is where the User performs routines that help run and maintain the printer.
1. Inspect Planarizer Wiper Blade - Select this routine to inspect the planarizer blade for excess buildup. See Inspect Planarizer Blade procedure in the Maintenance section.
2. Inspect Planarizer Ducts - This is a routine that will allow the user to inspect and clean the ducts in the planarizer. See Inspecting and Cleaning Planarizer Ducts procedure in the Maintenance section.
3. Inspect Print Cartridge Home Sensor - This routine will allow the user to access the optical home sensors for cleaning. See Clean Print Carriage Optical Home Sensor procedure in the Maintenance section.
4. Head Maintenance Cycle - This is the routine that will be used to periodically clean the printhead.
5. Test Jets - This is the routine that is used to verify that the jets are all jetting material properly. See Confirm Jets procedure in the Maintenance section.
6. 3-Lane Support Test - Diagnostic test routine. Run this test as requested by your service representative
7. View Fault Logs - A history of fault codes is stored under the Fault History.
8. Unlock Top Door - This button will allow the top door to unlock if the printer is in a Ready or Error State.
5. Operator Maintenance - Selecting Operator Maintenance will bring up a maintenance schedule. Be sure to click on a maintenance item and Reset the counter once the cleaning has been completed, otherwise a message will appear that the maintenance is over due. Before performing any maintenance routines the printer must be in a Ready state and a clean print platform must be installed.
6. Material Change Wizard - To change from one type of material to another there is a flush operation that you have to perform to ensure all of the first material is out of the printer before adding a new material. This is where you run this routine to perform this. See Troubleshooting section Material Change Over procedure for instructions.
7. Save Log - Provides access to printer logs for service.
8. Power Options - Selecting the Power Options button provides access to Printer Shutdown, Printer Restart, Software Restart and Standby. For shutting down the printer, the recommendation is that the printer always be shutdown through the UI. See Printer Shutdown section for information.
9. Install Upgrade - Printer firmware can be updated using a USB thumbdrive.
Settings Screen (E)
1. Network - The network settings can be verified through Network Settings.
2. Email Alerts - Set up email alerts to be notified about printer events. Up to 5 email addresses can be added.
Note: Some email clients may block access to this application during email setup. If you experience issues setting up email alerts, please verify your email provider has not blocked access.
3. Date Time - To change or setup the date and time click on Date Time Settings.
4. Language - Select language to display on UI.
5. User Interface - Controls the UI brightness level and information about the UI itself.
6. Print Jobs -
- Save completed jobs - Enable or disable this feature for the ability to reprint jobs
Part Placement Optimization - Part placement optimization is suggested for printers running a high number of single lane jobs. Enabling this feature will yield the best print quality throughout the printer’s life.