The bottom of the carriage on the ProJet® CJP x60 series printers may get covered with a combination of powder and cleaning solution from the service station. As a preventative step, it is recommended to inspect or clean the bottom of the carriage before each build.
- From the UI, select BUILD CHAMBER.
- Select LOWER PLATFORM.
- Lower Build Platform by holding down the Control Knob until the Build Platform lowers approximately 3 inches.
- Place provided magnetic mirror on the center of the Build Platform.
- Guide Carriage directly over mirror.
- Inspect Printhead for any debris that may have collected during a previous build.
If Printhead needs to be cleaned because of excessive debris build up, use the following steps:
- Moisten a paper towel with distilled water.
- Wipe the bottom of the carriage with paper towel. This should just take one or two passes of the paper towel. It does not have to be 100% clean, the goal is to minimize the build up of powder, especially on the surface just behind the print heads.