Explanation: The Packet Time Out error is a result of lost or impaired communication between the printer and the PC.
A Packet Time Out error may also occur if the file is too large and the PC cannot transfer the file data fast enough. For example, some files may be layer-data heavy, meaning that the bulk of the data is in a small quantity of layers.
Solution: Check for these problems:
- The PC used to control the printer may:
- Be too busy running other applications.
- Be running a virus or spyware scan.
- Be in a “sleep” or “suspend” mode due to power management settings.
- Not meet the minimum system requirements. See the minimum system requirements in Chapter 1, Overview.
The printer’s network connection may be lost
- Printer’s network cable may be unplugged, or damaged.
- Server is not responding.
- Network is too busy.