The following instructions are for the ProJet® 660Pro and 860Pro only.
- After confirming the printer and powder settings for the current print job, select Home > Build
- The Printer Status dialog opens.
- 3DPrint checks each item in the Printer Status dialog prior to printing to ensure there are enough materials to complete the current build. See Chapter 5 of this guide for instructions if you see a message to add powder, to add binder, to change one or both print heads, to raise build, or to close the cover.
- Click the Details button to view usage information specific to each print head, the binder, and the powder levels.
- Check or uncheck your Print Job Options for the current build.
|Important: The Empty Build Piston after Printing option is checked by default. When checked, the printer automatically removes the bulk of the powder from the Build Bed after the part is printed and dried. If you are printing a part with especially delicate features, build the part with a Fixture, or uncheck this option.|
- The Print button is enabled when each item, (except the Head Alignment and the Build Temperature items) displays OK. Click Print to start your build. After you click Print:
- The printer will automatically fill the Build Bed with powder and spread a layer to ensure the top surface is smooth.
- The printer will service the print heads. If you changed an HP11 print head, the printer will perform an automatic purge on that cartridge to prepare it for binder.
- The printer will run a print head alignment before the build if the text message Will Be Performed is shown in the Printer Status dialog. See Chapter 5 for more information.
- You can start the build while the printer is still warming up, however, the printer top cover must be closed.
- The Printing dialog opens and reports the build status.