Current file types supported are listed below.
NOTE: The quality of data read through each of these file types is highly variable due to the way the source programs treat their data.
- zbd files are build files created by the 3DPrint Software.
- zpr files are part files created by a number of software packages from other companies. 3DPrint supports versions 1, 2, and 3.
- .stl files are monochrome 3D model files exported by several 3D CAD packages.
- .wrl (also known as VRML) files are color files that are exported by many 3D CAD packages.
- .ply files are 3D color model files exported by several 3D CAD packages.
- .3ds files are color files created in Autodesk 3D Studio Max.
- .fbx files are used by a number of Autodesk products, such as Revit, Maya, and Motionbuilder.
GIS files are Geographic Information System files, and are often in the VRML file format.
Legacy file types supported:
- .bld files are build files created by versions of the legacy ZPrint software.