The NextDent 5100 has a touch-screen-based Graphical User Interface (GUI), which is used to control the actions of the printer and adjust printer settings. Please use the following guidelines when using the GUI.
- The touchscreen is a 4.3” LCD PCAP Capacitive Touch Screen, meaning that it registers an input whenever something holding an electric charge (like fingers) touches it. Touch input has been tested to work with lab-quality, powder-free gloves; however, you should ensure that you do not touch the screen if you have recently handled uncured resin or partially cured printed parts. This is to keep the complete functionality of the screen intact and to not contaminate it.
- If resin does get on the screen, clean immediately with >90% alcohol solvent and a nonabrasive cloth.
- To wipe fingerprints off the touch screen, use a microfiber cloth.
- Do not attempt to remove the touch screen or its casing from the printer.
- If the touch screen becomes damaged to the point of not functioning properly, cease printing and contact 3D Systems' Service.
The GUI has three tabs with different functionality: