The following paragraphs provide general first-aid procedures and recommendations for protective equipment to minimize the risks from material exposure. If professional medical attention is necessary, take the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for the exact material involved to the attending physician.
Figure 4 material may cause sensitization by skin contact. It is irritating to the skin; repeated and/or prolonged contact may cause dermatitis. Wear 100% nitrile gloves and lab coats to avoid skin contact. Should material come in contact with skin, wash thoroughly with soap and COLD water and immediately remove contaminated clothing and shoes. If skin is irritated, get medical attention. Dry-clean contaminated clothing. Discard contaminated shoes and leather products.
High vapor concentration may cause irritation. Safety goggles should be worn to prevent accidental splashes of material into the eyes. If material comes in contact with the eye, flush immediately with large amounts of COLD water for 15 minutes. Avoid sunlight, fluorescent light, and other ultraviolet light, and obtain immediate medical attention. Eye-wash facilities and a first-aid kit should be readily available and close to the material.
If material splashes into the eye when contact lenses are worn, flush the eye with water immediately. Verify that flushing has removed the contact lens from the eye. Protect eyes from light and obtain immediate medical attention. Discard contact lenses that come into contact with liquid material.
Inhaling fumes from material is irritating to the respiratory system. High atmospheric concentrations may lead to irritation of the respiratory tract, dizziness, headache and anesthetic effects. Do not operate the Figure 4 Modular without its carbon filter in place. For most materials, normal operation of the Printer with filter in place should not emit fumes. If a person should inhale fumes, bring the exposed person to fresh air. Perform CPR if required. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen and obtain immediate medical attention for the person.
If a person ingests material, get medical attention immediately. Immediately rinse the person's mouth and have him/her drink plenty of water.