Connect to an Ad Hoc Network
An ad hoc network is a temporary yet direct connection between a computer or device and the printer. It does not connect through a router or base station and the data transfer rates are slower than the transfer rate of a standard wireless network. The computer or device you wish to connect ad hoc to the printer must have an ad hoc adapter installed. An ad hoc network is deleted when the user has disconnected from it or is out of range of other devices on the network unless it has been made a permanent network.
- Select SETUP.
- Select WIFI.
- Select ADHOC.
- Select the On/Off button to turn on the Ad Hoc connection.
- Select the checkmark to exit the utility.
- In Windows®, select Start > Control Panel.
- Type network in the search box.
- Select Network and Sharing center.
- Select Set up a new connection or network.
- Select Set up a wireless ad hoc (computer-to-computer) network.
- Select Next.
- Follow the steps in the wizard.