Figure 4™ ELASTIC-BLK 10 is a material suited for the prototyping and design of a wide variety of elastomeric parts. Producing parts in a fraction of the time required to produce molded parts, this material accelerates the design and iteration of new concepts with rubber-like functional prototypes for industrial and consumer goods applications.
In order to achieve good accuracy with Elastic-BLK 10, it is important to follow the part setup instructions below for orientation and supports. Some other key tips are as follows:
- Use orientation to minimize large cross sections areas.
- For full platforms and parts with cross sectional areas, print quality is best in Premium mode. Or add 1-2 seconds to slow down the Interval Pause Time and the Interval Down Time in the Build Style by an extra 1-2 seconds.
- Remove parts from platform after printing. After 12-hours large parts can detach from print platform and fall into material tray.
- For best results use the Resin Mixer to gently stir between prints and after the resin has been sitting overnight.
CAUTION: Do NOT press down on the film when stirring.
- Verify proper cleaning method. Insure cleaning solvents are not saturated and parts are allowed to dry before post cure.